There’s no denying that one of my favorite ways to start the day is with a delicious breakfast scramble. I love eggs any style but pairing them with some of my favorite, nutrient rich veggies is simply divine.
This kale and red peppers scramble is loaded with vitamins and mineral to kick start your day in a fabulous way!
As always use the freshest ingredients you can find. Kale and peppers should be organic and for the most delicious eggs choose local eggs from pasture raised hens.
Enjoy this #powerbreakfast any day of the week.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch black kale
- 1 red pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp cumin
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté shallot and garlic for 2 minutes
- Chop kale and peppers and add to skillet,
- Sauté for a couple of minutes until almost tender, stirring as needed.
- Reduce heat.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs.
- Add cumin and fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and cook a low heat until eggs are done.
- Serve hot with a garnish of freshly parsley or your favorite herb.