This carrot and sweet potato soup is simple and absolutely delicious. The delicate flavors of the carrots and sweet potato are beautifully enhanced by the fresh ginger. I only use a handful of ingredients that I tend to always have stocked up so it’s easy to make on a whim.
- 2 Tbsp raw butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb organic carrots
- 2 medium to large organic sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups organic vegetable or free range chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat a large soup pot.
- Melt butter. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Chop carrots and sweet potatoes into cubes and add to pot along with stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover the pot and simmer until root vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle soup into a blender of food processor and blend until smooth. Do this in several batches if needed.
- Return to pot and heat through if needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream and a freshly grated nutmeg for an extra special treat.
- I love family meals and insist on them every night... But when I come in from a workout on a cold winter day I love to cuddle up on the couch with a nice bowl of steaming soup... So comforting! On those days I want a soup that is full…