This is a simple, fast and delicious recipe with delicate flavor that will appeal to the most picky of eaters.
If you’re pressed for time but want to serve something that will tantalize your taste buds this is it!
Cod is a wonderful fish with a lovely texture and mild taste that blends beautifully with coconut, sweet yellow peppers and curry.
It’s become a family favorite and sure to grace our table at least a couple of times during lent.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 shallots, minced
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 4 cod steaks
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder (or more to taste)
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet. Melt coconut oil.
- Chop both peppers then add to skillet along with minced shallots and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add cod steaks and braise on both sides.
- Add coconut milk, turmeric and curry, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer until fish is cooked (about 10 minutes). Don't overcook the cod or it will have a slightly chewy consistency.
- * The curry is mild. You can add ore for a little extra heat if you prefer a hotter curry.
This dish is wonderful paired with greens such as sautéd zucchini with garlic, braised chard, spinach or black kale.
Feel free to let me know how you like it in the comment section below!