I received (2) two bottles of Mighty Nut powdered peanut butter to facilitate this review, recipe and giveaway in partnership with SweatPink. All opinions and recipe are my own.
With a vegan daughter in the house, we use a lot of nuts and seeds as a source of healthy fats and protein. And though the fat from nuts and seeds is the good kind of fat, I don’t mind cutting back whenever I can do so without compromising on flavor and other nutrients.
That’s why I was excited to sample these new Mighty Nut powdered peanut butters fromPeanut Butter & Co.
About Mighty Nut Powdered peanut Butter
Peanut Butter & Co just launched Mighty Nut, their new powdered peanut butter! Each batch of Mighty Nut is created from quality USA grown peanuts. The peanuts are roasted, then pressed, to remove most of the fat. What remains is protein, fiber and delicious peanut buttery taste.
These powdered peanut butters come in four scrumptious varieties:
- Flax & Chia
I received the original and the chia and flaxseed version which I loved! These peanut butters are based on 3 simple ingredients:
- dried cane syrup
They can be rehydrated with water or your choice of milk to make a creamy spread that is perfect to stuff celery sticks or generously spooned onto apple or other fruit slices.
I found Mighty Peanut Butter to be easy to use and rich in flavor and I certainly did not miss the fat. I tend to make my own nut butters but did not feel as though I was compromising on flavor or nutrients. Mighty Nut peanut butter is also fabulous in smoothies. I made a few varieties that were delicious!
Have you ever paired peanut butter with persimmons? Yum!
Of course a smoothie with half a banana, two scoops of Mighty Nut and a little raw cacao is scrumptious for breakfast or snack.. Add a little kale or spinach and you’ve got a fabulous pick me up!
Because Mighty Nut Peanut butters are dehydrated they are easy to pack for a healthy snack on a hike or camping trip. 🙂
I love making chocolaty treats no matter what time of year and I could not resist trying my hand at homemade chocolate peanut butter cups with these healthy peanut butters. After all if I can make my treats a little healthier I’m a happy mom!!
I used dark chocolate (my favorite) and these peanut butter cups came out so scrumptious I barely had time to snap a couple of photos before they were gobbled up by the goblins in my home.
These are so simple to make I’ll be whipping up a few more batches this weekend.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 tablespoons Mighty Nut peanut butter of your choice
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 8 ounces dark or semi sweet chocolate
- mini muffin baking pan
- mini muffin liners
Start by making a creamy peanut butter by mixing the powdered peanut butter with the almond milk.
Place chocolate in a double boiler.
Melt chocolate slowly until creamy and without lumps.
Spoon chocolate into mini muffin liners and swirl to coat sides.
Place muffin tin in freezer for about a minute until chocolate is set.
Place a spoonful of rehydrated peanut butter into each chocolate cup.
Spoon melted chocolate on top of peanut butter, making sure you seal your peanut butter cups completely. Don’t worry about being messy, it’s hard not to be 🙂
Return cups to freezer for another minute or two until chocolate is set.
Carefully peel back the paper from your peanut butter cups and take that first scrumptious bite!!
- 4 tbsp Mighty Nut powdered peanut butter
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 8 oz dark or semi sweet chocolate broken in pieces
- Mix almond milk and powdered peanut butter until creamy.
- Melt dark chocolate in double boiler.
- Spoon melted chocolate into mini muffin tins lined with paper liner.
- place pan in freezer for 1 minute until chocolate is set.
- Fill chocolate cups with peanut butter.
- Spoon more melted chocolate on top of peanut butter to seal cups.
- Return to freezer for one or two minutes or until set.
- Remove from freezer and carefully peel back paper from peanut butter cups.
Are you anxious to try MightyNut peanut butters?
I thought you might be so I arranged a little giveaway with Mighty Nut and my SweatPink community. One lucky reader will win a bottle of powdered peanut butter in the flavor of your choice.
Entering the give away is simple. Leave me a blog comment below and choose your preferred method of entry. Remember to tag me (@vremilora) on Twitter or Instagram so I can track your entry. Good luck!
Giveaway entry methods:
- Follow @GoMightyNut on Twitter
- Follow @GoMightyNut on Instagram
- Tweet about the giveaway. Sample tweet: I would LOVE to create recipes with @GoMightyNut! #EatMighty @fitapproach #sweatpink mightynut.com
- Pin a picture from MightyNut.com
- U.S. only
- Giveaway ends 11:59pm on 11/15/2015
- One prize per person. If you win this giveaway, and have already won another prize from Mighty Nut through another blog, please disclose that you have already won so we can choose another winner.