If you love sesame seeds then you are going to love these sweet and crunchy bars. My husband has fallen in love with these delicious snacks. He goes on two to three hour bike ride several times a week and has found that they provide him with the best energy. In his words: “these are the bomb!”
Personally I just love the way they taste!
Proper fuel before a workout is essential so that you may perform at your best and benefit from a speedy recovery. Whether you are embarking on a fabulous hike or getting ready for a marathon through the mall, these delicious treats will keep you going and going all day long!
I added a little bit of Dulce to this recipe as it is a sensational sea vegetable high in protein and rich in B vitamins and Potassium. It adds beneficial nutrients to this sensational snack making it a well balanced treat you and your kids will love.
- 1¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dulce flakes*
- ¾ raw honey
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend.
- Place one piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. You may use a tiny bit of coconut oil to line the parchment paper if you wish to make removing it easier when these bars will be cooked.
- Place your sesame seed paste onto parchment paper, and cover with a second sheet.
- Press dough evenly onto coolie sheet.
- Remove top layer of parchment paper and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Remove from oven invert onto a cutting board. Rub the parchment paper with a damp towel to loosen and remove.
- Allow bars to cool. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut into 1 to 2 inch bars.