There is something about Kale and curry that I find simply irresistible… It truly is like a match made in heaven!
This kale salad is super simple to make yet divinely flavorful and filled with healthy nutrients that will make you feel great. Kale is a fabulous source of plant based protein, rich in iron and antioxidants, vitamins A, C and K, as well as calcium. As an added benefit Kale is great detox food so if you’ve over indulged the day before and want a “clean” meal to help heal you gut, this is a fantastic choice.
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- fresh ground salt and pepper
- 1 bunch organic black kale
- ½ bulb fennel
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- optional: 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a lidded jar.
- Shake until well blended.
- Tear kale into pieces and places in salad bowl
- Slice fennel and add to kale.
- Add curry vinaigrette and toss until kale is well coated with dressing
- Arrange salad on 4 plates
- Add ½ cup cooked lentils to each plate.
- Sprinkle with chia seeds.