One of my favorite cereals growing up was Müesli. I don’t remember exactly when I fell in love with this power breakfast but I suspect it was during one of our many family ski trips to Switzerland and Austria. Müesli is often served as a breakfast cereal which makes sense since it is packed with wholesome nutrition that provided us with all the energy we needed before hitting the slopes for the day.
Müesli is a raw cereal combining whole grains, nuts, seeds and dried fruits. It’s not as easy to find here in the US as it is in Europe so I decided to come up with my own recipe for it. It has quickly become a favorite with my girls as well as my hubby,
I use white Turkish mulberries to add a little natural sweetness. These berries are not only delicious, they are loaded with vitamins and minerals and even a little protein.
This müesli is just as delicious sprinkled over Greek yogurt as it is with your favorite milk.
- 3 cups GF Oats
- ⅔ C Hemp Hearts
- ⅓ C chia seeds
- 1 C sunflower seeds
- ¾ C shredded coconut
- 1.5 cup hazelnut pieces
- 2 C dried raw white mulberries
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. or glass jar.
- Toss until combined.
- Store in an airtight mason jar.
- Enjoy with your favorite milk or sprinkle on top of greek yogurt.
- Capture the sweetness of summer with these delicious gluten free buckwheat and nectarine pancakes. The buckwheat flour gives a delightfully hearty flavor that brings out the sweetness in the nectarines. Nectarines have a nice firm texture that lends itself well to cooking, enhancing the sweetness of the fruit as it caramelizes slightly.…