When it comes to optimizing the results of our workouts, proper nutrition is essential.
Most health and fitness experts recommend we eat a protein rich food within half an hour to two hours of our workout. This helps provide essential nutrients our muscles need to repair the damage caused by exercise. My food of choice is a protein smoothie. I find I don’t have much appetite for a real meal after a workout but I enjoy sipping a delicious recovery smoothie.
I’m always testing new protein powders to use for my shakes and was happy to sample and review Neocell’s Collagen Ultimate Sports Recovery drink.
This drink comes in two delicious flavors, French Vanilla and Belgian Chocolate. I received the Belgian Chocolate for review from Neocell. All opinions are my own.
The collagen is what makes this recovery drink different from other popular brands.
1 scoop of Necoell Collagen Ultimate Sports Recovery provides a wealth of vitamins and mineral as well as
- 15 grams Pure Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate
- 15 grams Super Collagen™ Bioavailable Peptides
Collagen, is a protein we produce naturally and it is in fact what makes up most of the protein structure in our body. It is a “network-like tissue structure that ties everything together — your cells, your skin, your bones and joints.” [jointmusclerelief.com] In other words collagen is what keeps us from falling apart. Without collagen we’d have no bones, muscles, skin…
As we age our production of collagen decreases. We see this though wrinkles and sagging skin or feel it through pain in our joints, arthridis and osteoporosis.
Exercise also depletes our natural collagen supply. When we engage in a fitness activity we ask our muscles to work in a way or at an intensity that is not the norm for us. This causes microtears to all the tissues involved. This is why we will feel sore 24 to 48 hours after an intense workout. The harder we push, the greater the number of tears and the more depleted our collagen stores. As our body repairs these micro tears our muscles become stronger, which is of course one of the ultimate goals of exercising. If our collagen levels are too low, this repair process is impaired.
Easy to use and delicious!
I have tried many different protein powders and this one is by far one of my favorites.
- It dissolves easily in water or other beverage of your choice. I use almond or coconut milk.
- It tasted great! – Unlike many protein powders and other nutrition supplements this sports drink is not sweetened with Stevia. I personally can’t stand the taste of stevia and will detect it in any product that uses it as a sweetener so I was thrilled about this. Xylitol, an alcohol based plant derived sweetener, is used instead and it leaves no bitter after taste whatsover.
- It works! I decided to put this drink to the test by doing one of my hardest BURST workout and pushing through it. I knew I would be massively sore within two days. But I wasn’t! Was it too good to be true? I decided to test it once again, this time with one of my crazy abs workouts and went all out. No massive pain 2 days later! That was then clincher for me — I felt amazing and ready to do it again 🙂
Nothing but good stuff!
If you know me you know how picky I am about the foods I eat. If a protein powder or other supplement is derived from GM ingredients it nullifies any positive effects this supplement might have and I don’t use it.
Neocell’s Collagen Ultimate Sports Recovery is certified to be free of :
- Artificial flavors
- Synthetic ingredients
Pretty good? Yes, but still not god enough for me. I could not find any information about the source of the whey protein itself so I contacted my rep and …
I was over the moon!!!
I was assured Neocell’s Collagen Ultimate Sports Recovery whey protein is from cows who are:
- Farm raised
- Free range
- Grass fed
Woohoo! Now you know why I am so excited about this product. 🙂
You can find out more about this product and the full line of Neocell Collagen products on their website at Neocell.com
Are you ready to feel the benefits of this wonder drink for yourself?
One lucky Scrumptious Moms reader will receive a 1 month supply (3lbs) of Neocell Collagen Ultimate Sports Recovery in the flavor of your choice.
Enter on the Rafflecopter below
Giveaway open to US residents 18 years and above only. Winner may choose between Belgian Chocolate or French Vanilla
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: No purchase required to enter this giveaway and there is a limit of one entrant per household. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning are determined by the number of valid entries received. Entries will be verified. Winner will be chosen by Random.org and will be emailed via the email address used to enter the contest. New winner(s) will be chosen if original winner(s) has not responded within 48 hours of email notification. Sponsor for is responsible for shipment of prize and all shipping costs related to prize(s). This giveaway is not administered, sponsored, endorsed by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or other social media outlet. Disclaimer is posted in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
If you have questions about this giveaway please contact ScrumptiousMoms
- Welcome to a very special Fitness Friday! If you have been looking for a super effective workout that you can squeeze in every day without stress you are going to LOVE today's special workout brought to you by my sister, Nathalie King, personal trainer extraordinaire and creator of the Bikini Body Boot…