If you are looking for a decadent dessert that is as good for you as it tastes then you are going to love my orange avocado sherbet. Combining creamy rich avocado with healthy coconut and fresh squeezed Vitamin C rich orange juice, it is a powerhouse of nutrition you can savor without a tinge of guilt!
Craving a treat after a grueling workout? Go ahead and indulge. It’s a fantastic recovery food!
- 1 to 1.5 large ripe avocado (about ¾ cup)
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ coconut milk
- 2 tbsp wild honey
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Scoop avocado flesh into blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, scraping edges as needed.
- Divide into 8 glass ramequins or pour into 8 inch square baking dish.
- Cover and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
- To serve allow sherbet to soften at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Invert on cutting board and cut into 8 squares.
- If using individual ramequins, quickly dip ramequins in hot water. Invert onto dessert plates. Garnish with a swirl of orange peel or fresh mint.
- by JJ Virgin Why does winter seem to stick around forever yet you blink and summer’s half over? Oh, I know: you’ve still got that early August barbeque at your in-laws, numerous beach dates, and a Labor Day cookout to wrap up the season. But summer just seems to fly…