The taste of my childhood.
I grew up in Paris but spent summers in El Paso Texas where mom was from, with my grandparents. Those were fun and loved filled summers and they were also filled with all sorts of wonderful foods.
And yes, you guessed it, pecans!
My grandma made the best pecan pie in the world!
When I made the crust for my Vegan Chocolate Cheese Cake it brought back childhood memories and I knew I had to capture those in a special and healthy way.
These pecans bites are super simple to make and a wonderful recipe to share with your little ones. Just consider yourself warned… They are way too easy to gobble down!
- 2 cups raw pecan pieces
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1 cup packed pitted dates (about 1 to 20)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- * Optional: sesame seeds, chia seeds or shredded coconut for rolling
- Place al ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until a thick paste is formed.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, trying not to eat too many as you go.
- Roll balls into seeds or coconut if you want.
- Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!