As temperatures cool I find myself craving foods that are conforting and rich in flavor.
This recipe is one of my favorites! It’s super simple, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish and it is simply Scrumptious! Best of all it’s full of stuff that’s good for you without empty calories. So you can enduge without any guilt whatsoever.
Sole is a wonderful white fish with great texture. It’s mild in flavor which makes it an easy fish to serve to just about anyone, even your picky eaters. It’s one of my favorite source of lean protein and a stapple on my Scrumptious Body meal plan.
Tarragon has a bold flavor, reminiscent of anise seed, that compliments tomato beautifully. A little goes a long way, so start with a little and adjust as needed.
When I first made this dish, my daughters loved it so much they asked if we could make it again the next day 🙂
Mais bien sur!!!
- 8 small or 4 large filets of sole
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 6 oz organic tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet. Add organic vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- If you are using small filets of sole, roll them up and place them seam down in the hot broth. If using large fillets, you may want to lay them flat for even cooking. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, until fish is almost fully cooked.
- Add tomato paste and fresh tarragon, salt and pepper to taste and heat through.
- To serve, scoop a spoonful of the sauce on a plate, add 1 or 2 fillets, drizzle additional sauce on top of fish.
- Add fresh tarragon for presentation.
- Delicious served with braised black kale with garlic, spinach or other green vegetable of your choice.
Change it up
Substitute sole with cod or shrimp. Add fresh cut tomatoes when you add the tomato paste.
For a gentler flavor with the same undertones, use chervil, fennel seed or anise seed instead of the fresh tarragon