Since my daughter announced that she wanted to become a vegan I have been having a lot of fun experimenting with new recipes. I’d always thought of a vegan diet as being pretty restrictive but I’m finding it a lot easier and more rewarding than I had imagined. I am enjoying using nuts, seeds and mountains of fresh fruits and vegetables to come up with delicious meals. Those are ingredients I have always enjoyed and have on hand at all times
I am a firm believer in a healthy, balanced and protein rich breakfast and have always relied on eggs. They are simple to prepare in a variety of ways with sautéd veggies, are a lean source of protein, easy to turn into a nutritious breakfast.
Not a good vegan option, however.
For my daughter to eat breakfast it has to be super simple and super tasty.
In my quest for the perfect vegan breakfast I came up with this fabulous raspberry mousse.
It has a smooth creamy texture and is bursting with flavor and nutrition and you’ll find that it is just as delicious for breakfast as it is for a power packed snack of a dessert that tastes sinfully good.
All you need are 5 ingredients and in less than 5 minutes you have a scrumptious mousse ready to be savored one delicious spoonful at a time.
You’ll need a blender, a glass bowl, a spatula and lots of fingers for licking!
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other nut milk of your choice
- 16 ounces raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp lime zest
- Place the raw cashews and almond milk in the bowl of your blender and blend until creamy. For a smooth cream I allow the cashews to soak in the milk for at least one hour but preferably overnight before blending.
- Add the raspberries and maple syrup and blend until berries are fully incorporated in your cream.
- Top with lime zest and mix to combine.
- Serve chilled with fresh berries, mint or lime zest for garnish.