I find that there is something very soothing about roasted vegetables. It’s what I consider one of my “comfort foods”. I’m also a big fan of quinoa and love the nutty flavor and slightly crunchy texture. You’ll find these pair together beautifully in this seasonal quiche.
You can choose any vegetable that is in season, such as peppers, zucchinis, eggplant, asparagus, sweet potato. I add onion and garlic and roast everything in the oven for about half an hour. Go ahead, get creative and have fun!
- ⅓ cup flaxseed powder or chia seeds
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- fresh ground salt and pepper
- 2½ cups roasted vegetables*
- 2 steamed artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 5 eggs
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 8 oz milk
- 2 tbsp herbes de Provence
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat to 400˚F.
- In a small bowl mix flaxseed powder or chia seeds and water and set aside for about 10 minutes until mixture forms a soft gel.
- In another bowl mix cooked quinoa, melted butter, salt and pepper. Add flaxseeds or chia seeds and mix well.
- Using your hands, press to the bottom of the pie pan, pressing firmly to create a flat even crust, bringing up to the edges.
- Bake in 400˚F oven for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Layer roasted vegetables on crust. Layer sun-dried tomatoes on top of roasted vegetables.
- Distribute artichoke heart quarters evenly -- you'll have 1 quarter per slice when quiche is cooked.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs, cream, milk, herbes and salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- Bake at 400˚F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This quiche is so flavorful and pairs beautifully with my Black Kale and Endive Salad
You’ll find many more delicious quiches in my Kindle Book: Simply Scrumptious Recipes, Quiches and Salads