When it comes to breakfast I love anything with eggs and lots of fresh seasonal vegetables. A hearty, healthy breakfast will set you up for a success no matter what day it. This is a simple and delicious recipe that’s perfect on a lazy morning and just as nice for a beautiful Sunday brunch with your family or girlfriends. It’s also fabulous as a light dinner served with a kale or arugula salad.
I select organic ingredients as much as possible for a power breakfast that’s a good for my family as it is scrumptious.
Choose the roasted vegetables of your choice and have fun!
This recipe comes to you courtesy of my beautiful sister, Nathalie King, Chef extraordinaire, personal trainer and founder of Bikini Body Boot Camp
- 8 egg whites plus 2 whole eggs
- 1 TBS water
- 2 turkey sausage patties or links, cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. mixed roasted vegetables (red peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, onions…)
- Celtic salt and pepper to taste
- Spray oil‐ I like EVOO in a Misto
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coat a Brownie pan (8x8 or 9x9) with Olive Oil.
- Beat eggs and water until well mixed.
- Add vegetables and sausage.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked.
- Turn broiler on to add a little color! ( You can also do that to reheat a serving)
- Let it sit for 5 minutes and cut into 8 triangles.
- One serving is 2 triangles.