On hot summer days I tend to favor lighter meals that don’t require lots of prep time and won’t heat up my kitchen. This simple and delicious chicken dish does the trick! As always I choose pasture fed chicken for a real healthy meal and broccoli remains on the “dirty dozen” list so make sure to but the organic option.
I hope you enjoy it as much as our family did.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1. tsp ground cumin
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 bunches baby broccoli
- ½ cup organic chicken stock
- Heat a large skillet
- Melt coconut oil and add cumin and shallots. Sauté one minute, stirring to prevent shallots from sticking.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add broccoli and sauté for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat. Add chicken stock and simmer until chicken is fully cooked.