This is a simple and delicious stew made with organic ground turkey for quick cooking. Yellow zucchini and black kale gives you a solid dose of vitamins and minerals, but are mild enough for children to enjoy. My daughters loved this one so much it only lasted one meal!
Serves 6 to 8
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp/ Coconut oil
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet onion (hawaiian)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 yellow organic zucchinis
- 4 cups organic black kale
- 4 cups organic free range chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. curcumin (turmeric)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a large crock pot. Add coconut oil and melt.
Coarsely chop onion. Add to heated pot along with ground turkey. Brown lightly.
Cube Zucchinis and potatoes and add to pot. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Slightly trim Kale and chop.
Add chicken broth and kale to pot. Add curcumin and cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Taste and adjust spices if needed.
We love your feedback so feel free to leave a comment below 🙂