There’s something about apples that is oh so comforting… Is it the sweet aroma? The fresh crisp taste? The way an apple just feels like home?
These apple pancakes are nice and fluffy and will delight young and old alike.
- 1½ cup flour *
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk (raw cow's milk or almond
- 2 tbsp melted organic raw butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup grated apples of your choice ( I prefer Gala or Fuji)
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl beat egg until frothy. Add Greek yogurt and blend well.
- Add milk, melted butter and vanilla and mix completely.
- Add to flour mixture. Add shredded apples and stir just until blended.
- Cook pancakes on a hot, lightly greased skillet.
- Serve with warm maple syrup. Or for a truly decadent treat add a little cinnamon and maple whipped cream!
Cinnamon and Maple whipped cream
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing and whip until peaks form.
The secret to a truly delicious whipped cream is to whip it by hand in a copper bowl… yum!
- These pancakes are a scrumptious way to sneak some green veggies into breakfast. The buckwheat flour, which is gluten free gives these a nice hearty taste. Zucchini Pancakes Recipe Type: Breakfast Cuisine: American Author: Valerie Remy-Milora Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 20 mins Serves: 4…
- Capture the sweetness of summer with these delicious gluten free buckwheat and nectarine pancakes. The buckwheat flour gives a delightfully hearty flavor that brings out the sweetness in the nectarines. Nectarines have a nice firm texture that lends itself well to cooking, enhancing the sweetness of the fruit as it caramelizes slightly.…