As much as we relish our Thanksgiving meal every year, I look forward to left overs and finding all sorts of creative ways to serve them. I first made this soup by combining fresh turkey stock with leftover turkey chunks and my scrumptious turkey stuffing. You can throw this recipe together in less than 5 minutes if by doing the same. Or make it from scratch by following this easy recipe.
- 2 Tbsp Organic Butter or Olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1lb mushrooms
- 2 large organic carrots
- 2 medium organic potatoes
- 1 parsnip
- 6 cups organic turkey or chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut in pieces or shredded
- ½ cup cooked chestnuts (optional)
- ½ cup dried mixed berries (red currant, blueberries, cherry, cranberries)
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- fresh sage
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- *Optional -- ½ cup Madeira winne
- Heat a large soup pot on medium high to high heat
- Add butter and melt (use olive oil if you prefer)
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, parsnips, rosemary, thyme and sage and cook until veggies are tender.
- Add broth, cooked rice, turkey, dried berries and cooked chestnuts if you are using them and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- *optional -- add ½ cup Madeira wine 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh herbs.
- No Thanksgiving meal would be complete without a scrumptious turkey stuffing! Although I grew up in Paris, I was blessed to enjoy the beautiful tradition of Thanksgiving each and every year. Mom who is a Mexican-American from Texas always prepared a fabulous Thanksgiving feast. She prepared this meal like she…
- Capture the sweetness of summer with these delicious gluten free buckwheat and nectarine pancakes. The buckwheat flour gives a delightfully hearty flavor that brings out the sweetness in the nectarines. Nectarines have a nice firm texture that lends itself well to cooking, enhancing the sweetness of the fruit as it caramelizes slightly.…