Ah the joy of a healthy breakfast!
Such a fabulous way to start the day and set yourself up for success.
I’m a firm believer that healthy should be fun and flavorful.
And these frittata cups are exactly that — fun, tasty little bundles of wholesome goodness!
These kale and red pepper frittata cups are just as fun to make as they are to savor, one scrumptious bite after another.
You can enjoy these fresh out of the oven with mixed baby greens or a side of arugula or watercress, or make these ahead of time and serve cold for a satisfying mid afternoon snack.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 4 to 5 leaves curly green kale
- 1 red pepper
- 10 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tsp herbes de Provence
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil to grease muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for a minute or two until onion is translucent.
- Cut zucchinis into cubes and add to pan.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes until almost tender.
- Cut kale, including ribs and red peppers and add to pan.
- Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile place egg whites and whole eggs in mixing bowl. Using a fork or whisk mix well.
- Add broth, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper and mix.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Spoon cooked vegetables into muffin tins.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into frittata cups comes out clean.
- Allow frittata cups to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve hot with a green salad.
- Capture the sweetness of summer with these delicious gluten free buckwheat and nectarine pancakes. The buckwheat flour gives a delightfully hearty flavor that brings out the sweetness in the nectarines. Nectarines have a nice firm texture that lends itself well to cooking, enhancing the sweetness of the fruit as it caramelizes slightly.…